Friday, September 27, 2024

September 27

I look forward to Valerie's cookie party every year, and today was the big day.

With my eyes fixed on nailing the "Pancakes and Pajamas" theme, I donned a Hello Kitty onesie and headed out with my homemade peanut butter and chocolate cookies in-tin. The weather didn't exactly cooperate --it was nearly 100 degrees so I was plenty toasty in my cool temp apparel-- but I persevered through the heat and had a great time catching up with a handful of old friends (over Italian cuisine from Locanda Amalfi. Valerie's caterer got sick last-minute so there was a shift in the menu, but she handled it like a boss).

I only see some of these ladies at this particular get-together, so it's special to me and a must-attend event. And I'm so grateful to Valerie for all of the thought, work, and care she puts into making it happen every year. And I'm grateful for all of these wonderful women, and for how we can comfortably sit around and talk and laugh about anything and everything. Friends are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment