Thursday, October 3, 2024

October 3

I don't remember exactly when it began, but at some point during her latter teenage years, Abby started coming downstairs to hang out with Adam and I after bedtime.

And now, at age 16, Isaac does the same. He came down tonight, got himself a snack, plunked down on the couch across the room, and joined in on our conversation about the episode of "Lakefront Bargain Hunt" we were watching.

I could be annoyed over them not staying upstairs after they've been "put to bed" (in quotes because it feels weird to write about teenagers being "put to bed" like little ones). But I'm not. It feels like part of their ongoing march toward adulthood, so I'm glad to have them with us for those precious, unplanned moments spent discussing the virtues of living in the forest versus suburbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment