Saturday, October 5, 2024

October 5

I hung around the house all day long and only wound up taking a single photo, so here it is.

I took it because I was in the middle of a text conversation with Abby and wanted to send her a visual representation of Brady's reaction to a question I asked him. (I guess that's kind of vague --sorry!-- but the content of the question isn't really relevant here so I'm leaving it out.)

After I sent the image on to my girl, I studied it for a minute. This baby of mine --who will turn 14 in mid-December-- has grown up so much over the past few years. He's as sharp as a tack and clever and funny and sometimes far too wise for his age. 

But, as the presence of a very well-worn BearBear indicates, he's still a kid, too. And I'm grateful for those kid-like attributes and tendencies that live on in him, even as he continues to grow up. Because no matter how old he gets, he's always going to be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment