We're in the middle of one of our cute little early-Fall heat waves, so I suggested we go to Coldstone for some after dinner ice cream this evening. Abby had asked to go a few times since school started and I figured a hundred-degree day was as good a time as any for a cool treat.
So Brady chauffeured us over in the Explorer and we made our selections before we headed back outside to eat. (Funny side note: I was stunned when Brady ordered a very non-weird combination in French vanilla with M&Ms, but the guy behind the counter misunderstood him and put in gummy bears instead, which is an old-school Brady classic. I chortled at the irony that he tried to get a "mature" mix and the attempt was foiled.)Anyway, tonight I am grateful to God for the blessings of air conditioning that works well, ice cream, and time hanging out with some of my very favorite people.

No comments:
Post a Comment