Monday, October 5, 2026

October 5

Last night I spritzed some of my almond croissant-scented room spray on the main level of the house, and a few minutes later, Adam sniffed and remarked that it smelled like gingersnaps.

Although I told him that it was not, in fact, gingersnaps that he was smelling, he latched onto the idea and ruminated over it until he decided that he needed gingersnaps. So he Googled a recipe and baked a batch.

The first trayful wound up being a little underbaked, but the second ones were spot-on. But then this morning, those underbaked ones? They were perfectly, deliciously chewy. And I enjoyed one with my coffee.

So I'm grateful for cookies and for my hunny, who sometimes randomly makes them. And I'm also grateful for the reminder that sometimes, it just takes time for something less-than-delicious --like the underbaked gingersnaps-- to become delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment