Wednesday, October 7, 2026

October 7

Over the summer, I was asked to consider serving as a Deacon at church. I finished a three-year stint on the Elders' board last year and previously served as a Deacon about 10 years ago, so I'm not exactly a stranger to holding roles at church. But honestly? I didn't really want to say yes. So I didn't.... Initially. In fact, I didn't just not say yes -- I said no. And then I read the letter that Isaac handed me the day Brady and I left him at Wheaton --which featured a very notable line about how hoped I'd truly throw myself into being a Deacon and making a difference-- and I knew that I should reverse course. So I did.

And today, I had my first official Deacons' meeting of my new term. 

And in a way, it felt like I was back at home. I truly love the ladies I know who are serving, and I felt like I fit in with the group as a whole right away. 

I have no idea what this term will bring, but I'm grateful that God nudged me to say yes.

(I didn't think to snap a pic while I was there, but I was working on this little coat during the meeting, so I figure it will suffice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment