Monday, June 10, 2024

June 10

I was resting early this afternoon when I overheard a snippet of conversation between Abby and Isaac that made me smile.

On our last night in Kauai, Abby accidentally spilled some very red shave ice syrup on her very white skirt, and her initial efforts to remove the stains failed. This afternoon I overheard her asking Isaac how to use White Brite, also known as The Stuff He Uses To Keep His Baseball Pants White. (As an aside, why do baseball pants always need to be white? Why?) 

Then I heard Isaac reply "I'll go get you a bucket" and listened as he pitter-pattered down the stairs and into the garage.

In that moment, I was touched that he didn't just tell her what to do -- he went to find the bucket for her. It's practical, but it shows actual care and interest in truly helping out his sister. And I'm grateful to see that care in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment