Friday, June 28, 2024

June 28

Isaac had a Nines game this morning in Dublin. He's the biggest wee figure in the photo.

At the plate he wound up going 0 for 1 with three walks. (After the game he shared his suspicion that they were pitching around him; apparently when he arrived at first base following walk number one, the first baseman greeted him with "you're huge." And then the pitchers in subsequent at-bats didn't give him anything near the plate).

Defensively he spent some time in left and center. And then, to my surprise, first base. I hadn't seen him play first base in a long while. And then, even more surprisingly, third base. I don't even remember the last time I'd seen him play third. But I'm glad he got the chance to play so many different positions (even though nothing really came in his direction).

And beyond that, he smiled throughout the game. He talked with the coaches who were there, joked with his teammates, and was fully involved in what was going on, even when he was on the bench. He was relaxed and happy, and it did my mama heart good to see him feeling content.

No comments:

Post a Comment