Friday, May 10, 2024

May 10

After taking in numerous beautiful photos of the Northern Lights from my friends around the country this evening, I decided I'd go out back a few minutes ago and have a look at what I could see from here.

When I first got up to the deck and surveyed the sky, I was disappointed that I didn't see any of those amazing greens and pinks. It's the sight I'd hoped to see, after all.

But then I focused on what I could see: a huge moon whose brightness was so intense that it belied its crescent phase, and a sea of tiny but brilliantly illuminated stars. Absence of color aside, it was stunning.

And it was also a nice reminder that even when we don't get what we hope for, what we do get can be pretty remarkable as long as we don't get lost in disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment