Wednesday, September 2, 2026

September 2

I was crocheting early this evening when Brady appeared and told me that he'd been pitching in the backyard. He then said that he wasn't sure if he was throwing hard or not and his voice trailed off, so I read between the proverbial lines and asked if he wanted me to watch. (He did.) 

So I followed him out the back door and observed as he got set, kicked his leg, and delivered what was a pretty hard pitch at the target. He repeated the process several more times and I confirmed that yes, I thought his velocity was good.

He hasn't thrown all that often of late; he's not currently on a team, school is in session, and Isaac isn't here to play catch. So it was a blessing to see him out there of his own volition, doing his thing. 

My baby is growing up, and I am grateful for the gift of watching that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment