Wednesday, September 9, 2026

September 9

It was boss-level gross outside today, with a 105-degree high temp and virtually no breeze. I chose to stay inside as much as I could.

But it was also Back to School Night for Brady, so Adam and I sucked it up and ventured out early this evening so we could attend and put faces to his teachers' names.

As the program closed and we headed back to the car, I admired the late-day clouds in the distance, and then, a little later, the pink of those very same clouds as the sun dropped completely behind the sightline.

It was definitely a yuck kind of weather day, but it ended on a high note. And it served as a reminder to me that beautiful things can result from less-than-beautiful circumstances. Sometimes we just need to be patient and wait for the loveliness to show itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment