Friday, September 25, 2026

September 25

Valerie's annual cookie party was tonight, and as improbable as it seemed going in (because it seems like she raises the creativity bar every year), she outdid herself yet again.

From the ingenious Costco theme (yes, we're all wearing aprons with nametags that she made) to the incredible homemade chicken pot pie that came out at the absolute perfect temperature to the trivia game to the mini grocery cart party favors, she thought of everything. And I so appreciate her creativity and care for all of us.

Needless to say, I look forward to this party every year. I've known most of these ladies for more than 15 years, and although I don't see most of the them often these days, I enjoy catching up with them at this gathering. I treasure the conversations and the laughs (and the incredible dishes Valerie whips up for us).

So today, I'm grateful to God for long-term friendships, and opportunities to reconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment