I was scoping out stitch markers on Amazon a few days ago (because I can't keep track of them; one day I'll probably find a pile of socks and stitch markers somewhere in the house) when I spontaneously started looking at pattern books for baby clothes. (As a side note to any of my children who may be reading this: this is NOT a hint so don't panic.)
After perusing the offerings, I found one that looked promising so I ordered it and it arrived a few days ago. I sat down on my bedroom floor, flipped through the pages, chose one that I liked, and got to work right then and there using a ball of superfine (read: veryveryvery thin) yarn that I got from Hobby Lobby on clearance a few years ago.And today, with an assist from a romp through my dear friend Judy's button stash (thank you!), I finished my little gray cardigan.
I really, really enjoyed the process. It's the first piece of baby clothing that I've crocheted, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Beyond that, I'm pleased that I tried something new and found the experience to be a rewarding one.
And given that at some point this little sweater will probably be donated, I'm also pleased that it will be put to good use.
This probably sounds like I'm mostly tooting my own little horn and I guess I am, but under all of that, I'm grateful that God gave me the ability to do things that I enjoy. And that sometimes, He even lets me do those things well.

No comments:
Post a Comment