Brady has historically gone on cooking jags. I can't remember them all offhand because there was been a few, but I know that at one point, he really liked making pancakes, so he ate and consumed a lot of them.
His current culinary interest is working with potatoes. And more specifically, potatoes and the air fryer I bought Adam for his birthday (which said-husband does not use).He started off by just reheating pre-cooked items like frozen French fries. It helped him to get a feel for how the machine works. Then he moved on to grating fresh potatoes to make hash browns. When they were a little too loosey-goosey for his taste, he added cornstarch to said-hash browns and created patties that held together.
Then today, he decided to make potato chips. He used my veggie slicer (which is a marvelous contraption, for the record), brushed them with olive oil (as he doing in the image), and sprinkled them with salt.
I had one after they were done and it was quite good! Definitely crispy, and I am definitely a girl who prefers crispy to not-crispy when it comes to my air fried potato products. I think he was pleased with the outcome, and I was pleased to see him successfully tackle a new task. It's a blessing to witness his confidence --and patience and perseverance-- grow over time.

No comments:
Post a Comment