Isaac's last day of work at the Dairy is tomorrow, and since Abby has evening class, she wanted to be sure she got to see him on-shift one more time.
So she, Brady, and I loaded into my loaner car (because two and a half weeks later, my car is still at BMW waiting for its new hybrid battery) and headed over to get some ice cream early this afternoon.Isaac was working the register so he wasn't able to make our cones for us, but he did see us in the walk-up line and waved animatedly in our direction. And when he had a free moment, he did come over to say hello and to introduce us to one of his co-workers.
He's a good kiddo, and I'm grateful that he's had the opportunity to work this job. I know he's enjoyed the experience and I appreciate how it's taught him more about financial responsibility than he ever could have learned from school alone. So for the blessings of first jobs and for the taste of fresh ice cream on a summer afternoon, I am grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment