Friday, July 24, 2026

July 24

Today was Isaac's last shift at the Dairy. (I know I said it was yesterday, but he initially had the wrong date in his head.)

Anyway, after Adam wrapped up his workday, Abby, Brady, he and I piled into the car and headed over for some ice cream. Luckily for us, it wasn't super busy and Isaac was running orders and not taking them, so he was able to bring us our treats.

When he appeared holding Abby's milkshake and the three cones we'd ordered, I spied a hand-written sign taped to his shirt that read "It's My Last Day." I pointed it out and snapped a pic, and he half-chuckled and said he wasn't thrilled about wearing it.

But I'm glad he did, because it's right that he should be recognized in some way on his last day. He's had fun working there over the past year-plus. He's made some friends and learned a bit about how a business runs. And he's had the opportunity to talk to probably thousands of people. That job has been a great match for his personality, allowed him to build up some savings, and taught him about responsibility. Although he doesn't like it when I say this, I'm proud of him for taking it on and for doing a great job. 

So for all of those good gifts, I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment