Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 30

Abby reminded me this morning that today was Miracle Treat Day at DQ, and since tomorrow is Logan's 20th birthday and he spent a lot of time at Children's Hospital Oakland (which is called something else these days but... oh well. It's forever CHO to us), I took her and the Brositos to get Blizzards to support the cause in his name.

We all had Blizzards, but our orders were as different as we are: Isaac went with a mint concoction, while Abby enjoyed strawberry and angel food cake, Brady picked cookie dough, and I loaded up on different forms (cream, syrup, and chip) of chocolate.

When I'd finished mine, I went back inside to donate a dollar so I could write Logan's name on one of the little paper hot air balloons that line the walls during CMN events. Even though it breaks my heart a little to write "in memory of..." I still feel blessed by the care he received while he was a patient, and I'm grateful to God for the work they continue to do to benefit children. And I'm thankful to have the resources to help support such a vital mission on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment