It's so weird that my baby has a permit and is actually learning how to drive. On public roads where other people are driving.
I mean, isn't he like five years old?But he's not five. He's 15. And Adam took him out for a few hours this afternoon to practice, just like he did so many times with Abby and Isaac. (I'll have my turn when school starts up again next month and he drives to and from Amador with me as his co-pilot.)
Although I truly do wonder where the time went, I'm grateful for this milestone. Although he doesn't exactly love driving just yet, I know that he will come to appreciate the ability to get himself from point A to point B. And I know that he will (probably silently) appreciate the general sense of freedom and independence that having a license gives teens.
So for the blessing of being witness to yet another milestone in his life, I am thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment