Sunday, August 16, 2026

August 16

It's been a truly lovely Sunday. It began with an excellent and inspiring message at church and continued with a kick-back afternoon at home.

Later in the day, after the A's game ended, I reminded Adam that my laptop was on its last legs and he suggested we head over to Costco to look at replacements. (Although I used to be a bona fide computer-killer, I've actually had my old machine for five or six years, maybe longer. She's had a good run but the mouse doesn't really work anymore, she only runs while plugged in, and the McAfee pop-ups are out of control.)

Anyway, it was a great Costco run. As we jetted up and down the aisles in search of popcorn for Brady, it felt like the old days, back when we were younger and life was simpler. Although I wouldn't trade away my experiences --because every one of them has revealed more about me and brought me a fuller understanding of the true character of God-- the sense of nostalgia unlocked was pretty special. So for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment