Thursday, August 6, 2026

August 6

We're down to the last few days before Isaac goes to Wheaton. He has a list but still needs to pack up his things, which makes me a wee bit nervous, but I appreciate how he's approaching his departure by prioritizing time with his friends and family.

Like today, for example, he had his friends over one more time to play video games this afternoon. They were louder than loud, but I chuckled aloud numerous times at their enthusiasm at their vibrant brotherhood.

After they left, Isaac and Brady engaged in one of their customary wrestling matches. No one really "won," but there was much joviality. And again, it made me smile. (And I recorded it for posterity's sake.)

And then this evening, he went and had an early dinner with Bruce from Young Life and Tyler. I know they're both important people in his life, so I'm grateful that he eked out time to spend with them before he leaves. Transitions are tough, but I'm thankful to God that my sweet son is handling his in a way that makes good sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment