It's been an interesting week. It's not uncommon for stuff to break while Adam is out of town so I wasn't exactly surprised when both the countertop nugget ice maker and the Nutribullet bit the dust. But then the sun rose on today and a whole 'nother level of weird began.
Anyway, I approached little liz with a Starbucks cup and, after much maneuvering, managed to trap him against a cushion. He remained quite calm, and occasionally looked up at me through the plastic as I tried to figure out how to get him all the way into the cup. Long story shorter, I eventually summoned Abby to give me a note card, carefully slipped it under his little feet until he moved fully into the cup, and rushed him outside and to freedom.
Incident numero dos followed a short while later. I cleaned the washing machine filter and started a fresh load, only to discover that I hadn't pushed the filter fully back into place. So yep: water all over the laundry room floor. Since this happened a few years ago as well, I decided to go to Walmart to buy a shop vac, which I set up and put to work. I guess I was probably yelping in the laundry room --I was definitely trying to keep myself calm by saying things like "it's a blessing to have furniture for lizards to hide under" but I'm sure I was muttering less inspirational things too-- because Abby left and returned with a coffee for me. As she handed it to me, she explained that she felt bad because so many things kept happening to me today. And then she laughed. And I laughed, because this week has indeed been pretty ridiculous. It was a super sweet gesture on her part and honestly, I almost cried when I saw it.
Yep, it's been a weirdly tough week. But my girl made it so much better with a simple act of kindness. So for her thoughtfulness, I am thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment