I was awakened a little ahead of schedule this morning by the unmistakable plink, plink of rain against the windowpanes.
When I say that it doesn't rain here during the summer months, I mean it does not rain here, literally, so I hopped up out of bed, pulled back the curtains, and peered outside.And this is what I saw: distinctive rain clouds overhead, and the reflection of the opposing trees and houses on the street below. Sure visual signs of the raindrops I could hear.
But somehow, even though I saw the evidence of water, I still had trouble believing that it was really rain. So I squinted my eyes and pressed my nose against the glass to try to discern those teeny tiny drops.
And in hindsight, I think my response to those unexpected showers is the way we often react to God's work in our lives. We can see the evidence of His handiwork all around us, but we can't quite believe that it's real.
So today, I am thankful for the rain, and also for the tangible reminder that He's always at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment