Adam and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary today with an upscale dinner at Haps.
So much has happened since we said our I dos back in 2002; back when we were fresh-faced 24-year olds ready to dive into married life and all of its joys (and, little did we fully realize, pains).We've moved four times --all within the comfy confines of our chosen hometown-- from apartment to apartment to townhouse to duet to --at long last-- house with unattached walls. We've welcomed four amazing, beautiful babies and said an excruciating, heart-rending see-you-later to one. We've attended countless sporting events and dance recitals and have sent two off to college.
We've argued and made up and argued some more (and made up some more). We've tackled differing communication styles and come to an understanding to live and let live with respect to issues on which we simply disagree.
Perhaps most importantly, we've tried --and hopefully succeeded-- at modeling a faith-driven life for our children. We've been united in wanting them to know that there is a God who loves them deeply and wants to bless them, and that there is a Savior who died to save them from themselves.
Our marriage is not perfect, but it's good. And I can't imagine navigating the ups and downs and the heartbreaks and joys with a better partner. Happy 24th, hunny! I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment