The bros had a laser tag event with the Youth Group this evening, so we packed up and left the cabin this morning after breakfast.
It's a custom of ours to stop at the candy store in Murphy's for treats during the drive home. Given that today is a weekday and we're usually coming through on a weekend, it was delightfully easy to find parking in the little lot behind the store, and the store itself wasn't busy.We took our time choosing our respective candies (except for Isaac, who knew going in that he wanted sarsaparilla drops. He really, really likes sarsaparilla). Eventually, Brady selected a mix of gummy bears and pink pigs, Adam chose soft licorice, and I doubled up with a single dark chocolate peanut butter cup and a mix of cherry, cinnamon, peppermint, and raspberry hard candies. After a failed phone call to inquire, we made the collective decision to take Abby gummy octopi. (She was, as it turned out, disturbed by their spider-like form.)
Anyway, I'm grateful to re-experience a fun tradition. And I'm grateful for a safe trip back home, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment