Today after coffee and before Costco, Abby and I took a little ride to one of her favorite places: Hobby Lobby.
The store near our house --the one where she worked a few summers ago-- closed and moved to Hayward quite a while ago, so we made the trip to Southland Mall.And my girl was in her element. She practically floated from aisle to aisle, oohing and aahing over the pillows and wall art and scrapbooking supplies and artificial flowers. She even asked me to take this photo of her in the very pink part of the Christmas section because it was just so totally her vibe. (She really, really likes pink.)
The greatness of the store aside, however, I think her highlight was when a little girl pointed at her and declared that "her looks like a princess!" I thought she might cry as she relayed the compliment to me a little later.
For the blessings of more time with my girl and of witnessing her as she walked around like she'd stepped through the gates of Disneyland, I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment