Sunday, August 30, 2026

August 30

Sometimes, things just don't go according to our plans.

Tomorrow is Abby's very first day of student teaching. She was assigned to a second grade classroom at a school in Walnut Creek. Since that's much closer to her grandparents' house in Lafayette, she'll be staying with them for roughly half of the week and then returning home for weekends during the Fall semester.

When she went to make the drive to Lafayette this evening, her car wouldn't start. She and Adam (and I) spent a half an hour trying to troubleshoot the issue, but it just wasn't happening, so we finally had her take Charles the Explorer instead.

I know she was rattled and frustrated, but my prayer for her is that she's able to get past the hiccup. And that she'll have a great first day with the kiddos. And tonight, I'm thankful that Charles was available and that Brady is willing to drive my car so he can continue to get his practice behind the wheel. Things may not always go according to our plans, but I'm grateful for backup options that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment