Sunday, August 23, 2026

August 23

Oh, the minds of teenage boys.

I asked Brady to put the box that contained his pitching target out by the recycling bin this afternoon. It's a pretty large box so it had been sitting in the living room against the wall for a few months now, and I decided I was tired of looking at it.

Anyway, I got on with what I was doing and happened to walk through the front of the house a few minutes later. And that's when I found him trying to ride the box "Home Alone" style down the bottom section of the staircase.

The effort didn't yield the ride he was seeking, but it did fold the box so it would fit into the recycling dumpster. And watching him chuckle as he scooted back and forth and back and forth was pretty amusing. So for the gift of finding funny moments in the oft-strange behavior of teenagers, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment