Saturday, September 30, 2023

September 30

The hymn It Is Well With My Soul has been around for 150 years, so it's pretty amazing that I can still relate to it today. That's just a thought I had this morning while watching Brady's team scrimmage with the 14u squad.

It was sprinkling during most of the hourlong warmup but it was still well with my soul. The air was decidedly chilly and, at times, the wind had a crisp sharpness that made it less than palatable. But it was still well with my soul. My allergies --which were unfortunately bothered by something during the party last night-- were making me tired and uncomfortable. But my soul? Still well. Brady didn't play as much as he might've liked and was way, way down at the bottom of the very long batting order. Soul? Yep. Still well.

Yes, as I sat there watching four hours of baseball activity on a cool, drizzly Saturday morning, I felt a sense of contentment that I can't really explain, other than to say that it was all well with my soul. Not with my circumstances in the moment (because those certainly could've been much improved), but with the core of who I was made to be.

And I know that that sense of well-being comes from Christ alone. So for that incredible gift, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment