Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18

Today was a rough one. I was still tired from getting home so late from Hollywood the other day, and then I was up most of last night with a stomach issue. But I made it through the day and to Isaac's t-ball game this evening. After Adam left the sports park to head to the airport for a business trip and the game came to a close, we headed to McD's to pick up a quick dinner.

I was surprised when I arrived at the pick-up window and the employee handed me an Oreo McFlurry, because I certainly hadn't ordered one. I tried to give it back, and he shook his head and insisted I take it. "It's a gift," he told me. So I put it in the cup holder, got the rest of the food, and drove home.

Even though my tummy wasn't really in a place to want cookies and ice cream, I was still thankful for the gesture (even though I'm pretty sure I got it because someone made a mistake!). It reminded me that it's important to recognize and be grateful for those little surprises that pop into life now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment