Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28

Once upon a time (a few years ago), I'd notice and remark on every single Corvette that crossed my line of sight. It seemed a natural thing to do, since they were Logan's favorite and each one we saw would spur memories of his little voice chirping about their sleek coolness.

Gradually, I stopped talking about every single one. But I've always noticed them. Every single one. And I've taken mental photographs of every single one; I store them in my heart so I can pull them out and ruminate over them whenever I feel the need.

Today, for some reason, those beautiful cars seemed to be everywhere we went.

There was a yellow one on the way to lunch. Then there was a red one during our second attempt at going to lunch. (A forgotten wallet disrupted the usual routine and commanded an unplanned trip home.) And then this white one sat in the parking lot near our car after lunch.

Seeing so many of them over such a short span of time... it unleashes a flood of memories of our sweet boy. And for that, I'm infinitely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment