Monday, February 4, 2019

February 4

A cold rain fell on and off throughout the day and, to be honest, it mirrored my mood. Simply put, it was a very Monday Monday. But it wasn't without its sweet moments: there was a multiple laugh-inducing text exchange with a friend, a well-timed Facebook post that countered a battle I've been waging for several weeks now, an extremely bright double rainbow, and this:

Brady shivered as we left the school this afternoon. He hadn't fastened the snaps on his raincoat, so I stopped on the sidewalk and asked if he wanted some help. He said yes, and he held my umbrella as I obliged. And he giggled as the wind whipped and nearly swept it from his hands. We then enjoyed a wet, windy, giggle-filled walk back to the car under said umbrella.

I didn't love the wet jeans, but I did love those blessed moments --and laughs-- with my muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment