Monday, December 23, 2019

December 23

Full Maryland day number dos began with Dunkin Donuts and nectar from the mother ship (both courtesy of my hunny) and continued with the last (really last, I hope) shopping outing of the season. Then we engaged in a failed attempt to grant Abby's request for Jerry's cheesesteak, but alas, they seem to close more often than a kid with a cold uses tissues, so we wound up at Five Guys instead, where we watched aghast as Brady wolfed down a double cheeseburger and a tub of fries. (And then said he was still hungry. He may wind up being seven feet tall.)

From there, we headed back to grandma's house. Abby spent some time reading while the rest of us went outside. It was a reasonably temperate 50-degree day and the boys had a major case of the wiggles, so we watched them whack each other the wrapping paper rolls (and then joined in. Well, I joined in until Brady smacked my finger so hard that I thought for a few minutes that he'd cracked it. He has some sauce). Then we decorated the little Christmas tree, made some chocolate chip cookies, and went out to see the Holiday Lights at Seneca Creek State Park, which we'd never done before. It was packed with cars, but I think we all enjoyed seeing the displays (and I enjoyed sticking my head through the sunroof and breathing in the chilly night air. There was some really refreshing about that. (Plus I'm pretty sure it was the first time I'd ever popped out of a sunroof so there was a shot of novelty there.)

Right now, Isaac and Brady are in bed and the rest of us are in the family room watching choirs perform lovely Christmas classics on TV. It's peaceful. It's pleasant. And I am thankful for the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment