Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 28

I'm a go-go-go'er when it comes to vacationing and I love (love) seeing people, but I admit that even I am a bit tired right now!

That said, today was another good day. After a gradual kind of morning (which is my favorite kind of all), we headed to Columbia, where I left the rest of the family at the movies so they could take in the new Star Wars flick while I went to a junior high get-together with six other fabulous ladies -- the same group I met up with two years ago when we were last in Maryland. (In the pic, R to L: me, Eileen, Shay, Jen, Jenn, Iris, and Wendy. And Lizzie the dog front and center. :D)

There was much laughter and wine and cheese while we talked about what we've been up to and what once was. The meet-up was, to boil it down to the most simplistic term, really, really fun. And definitely entertaining. (And I'm excited to see them again in two years.)

From there, we drove to my brother's house, where we dined on spaghetti and meatballs and talked and watched my niece walk around with a spoon stuck to her nose and engaged some of the short people in a floss dance battle.

And now, I'm back in grandma's family room, thinking back on the hours and once again feeling grateful to be here and having a good time remembering and living and making new memories that I'll be able to look back on and smile at in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment