Monday, December 30, 2019

December 30

It was a nice, quiet Monday. After a slow morning, we headed out and stopped at Roy Rogers for lunch.

From there, we went to my mom's house to help with some around-the-house tasks. While Adam hung wind chimes, the boys unwrapped furniture and we hauled it to the basement.

Afterward, we took a ride to Clarksburg. It's become something of a habit for me to take a gander at my old house while I'm here and to absorb the mixed nostalgic feelings the experience evokes, so that's what we did. A thick fog had settled over the earth by then, so we hit the road bound for grandma's. After a pizza dinner, we got to work on a "history of Maryland" puzzle I borrowed from mom's house, and that brings me to the Right Now.

Slow days filled with familiar but not oft experienced sights and sounds are blessings. It is, after all, good to remember our roots now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment