Thursday, September 12, 2024

September 12

It's possible that I've shared the exact same observation I'm about to type at least once over the past several years, but that's okay. I'll share it again.

I was walking up and down my street this evening after dinner getting my steps in when I noticed just how many roses were in bloom. (In a nutshell: a lot.) Red ones, pink ones, magenta ones. And the white ones both in my neighbor's yard just down in the cul de sac and in front of our house. 

I don't like extended heat waves like we've had in recent history, but I do like roses. And roses love heat, so those 100-degree days make them extra happy. And extra fragrant. (Especially these white ones in my yard. They have such a perfect scent that I'm not even sure how to describe it.) They're a literally lovely reminder that beautiful things can arise from less than ideal circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment