Saturday, September 7, 2024

September 7

This afternoon, we had the honor of attending Mary and Jin's wedding.

As strange as it sounds (even to me), it was the first wedding we'd ever attended at our own church. And it was a very, very good first one.

The homily was perfect, Mary looked gorgeous, and Jin's vows were amazingly beautiful. (Mary did a nice job too, but when a man makes attendees alternately laugh and cry as he pauses and cries his way through words he wrote... that's something extra special.) And then there were the moments with friends and the boba bar and the delicious tacos during the reception. (And the cake to the face, per the bottom right image.) Yes, it was a lovely day.

Marriage is not always easy. (I can say that, I think, since I'm 22 years-plus into my own.) But it's always good, and it's always a blessing. So for the privilege of bearing witness to the birth of a brand new marriage, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment