Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16

Despite not feeling particularly good of late, I thought it would be a good idea to sign up Abby and I for the school district's 5K run next month. We did it last year and it was a nice little bonding time for us.

Given that I haven't jogged at all for about nine months, it was a crazy decision. But this afternoon, I put on my running shoes and decided to take a practice trip down a local path, largely expecting a disaster. But it didn't go that way. In fact, for me, the result was nothing short of miraculous. I jogged 1.3 miles without stopping at a comfortable 10:30 pace. That's slow for some, but for me, with my history of aching knees and mild asthma, it's solid. I was amazed that I didn't feel tired or particularly out of breath, and that my legs and knees didn't betray me.

It was a blessing to feel healthy for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment