Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21

I had one of those brief, surreal moments this afternoon.

The Little Boys and I were at the dance studio waiting for Abby's class to end. Just as a woman came through the door to talk to the receptionist about a campaign supporting Children's Hospital Oakland, Brady handed me a sheet of paper and asked me to draw sheepies.

I was caught up in my own thoughts, remembering our time at CHO, and I didn't clue in to what Brady was asking right away, so I asked him to repeat himself, and he did: He wanted me to draw sheep. So I did.

It was weird because Brady never asks me to draw sheep. It was weirder because sheep were Logan's special animals. It was weirdest because the woman's mention of CHO already had my mind and heart set of remembering my Logan.

And then... sheep.

Surely, God and my sunshine had something to do with that moment of bittersweet strangeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment