Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 2

This picture has been sitting in my bathroom --just like this, unfinished-- for the past few years.

I don't remember which kid started it and it's really not even an important detail. When I looked over at it this evening, it was as if I saw it with new eyes. Because for the first time, I saw myself in it's absence of completion.

My life, if viewed in words and deeds and actions and accomplishments, looks a lot like this picture. There are lots of beautiful, sparkly elements. But there are also tasks that I still need to complete and friends that I need to make and experiences that I need to have, like the numbers in the picture that haven't yet been covered with their corresponding colorful foam pieces.

Every now and then, it's nice to be reminded that I'm a work in progress. And that being a work in progress is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment