Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13

I'll be completely honest about something: I haven't felt particularly connected to the other preschool parents this year. My memory is a bit hazy, but I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've felt this way, and it's been disheartening. I've really enjoyed my other years at the school, and given that Brady is my baby and this is his final year there, I've quietly lamented the absence of a good core of preschool mom friends. So today, it was a blessing to me when, after class, a pair of moms invited Brady and I to join them for lunch.

I had a nice time sitting and getting to know the moms a little better while Brady had fun playing cars with his friends. When we got up to leave, they spontaneously united for a group hug.

So for time with grown-ups and for those moments of easy affection that we embrace when we're children but tend to shy away from once we're old and wizened, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment