Saturday, November 28, 2015

November 28

I'm a big fan of Christmas ornaments, so I've put together a fairly extensive collection over the years. Today, I lugged most of them in from the garage and out of my closet so we could begin the tree-decorating process. And it was perfection.

I like to decorate, but I really love watching the kiddos do it. They're all old enough now that I can trust them with even the more delicate ones, so I can relax and really absorb the full experience without worrying that someone will choke on an angel wing or drop a glass ball on the tile.

I love seeing them get excited about the season. I love watching my sometimes-moody Abby dance around like a fool to Bing Crosby tunes just because she's excited and happy. I love watching the light as it dances in all of their eyes. I love that they're all happy to wear their flashing name badges (Lambie wears Logan's of course). And I love realizing that I'm actually living the dream I had when I first started collecting these pieces; the dream of seeing my own children playing with them and putting them on a tree.

It's all a privilege and a blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment