Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 22

After a really nice weekend away, we headed back home this afternoon. But before we left Carmel, we walked down to the beach and wound up seeing something we thought was pretty neat.

As we watched the waves roll in and out from an observation deck, we first noticed seals. They were very close to the shoreline and I was impressed by how fearless they were; I think if I were a seal, I'd be afraid of people. But nope: they seemed to enjoy riding the waves. Then, as we took a walk onto the beach to get a closer look at the little guys, I saw fins. Dolphin fins. An entire school of dolphins traveled parallel to the beach just a handful of meters beyond where the seals were hanging out. I have no idea how often they travel close to the beach, but it was pretty amazing to see them in their natural habitat, flipping and rolling through the water and curiously approaching the wet-suit clad swimmers who observed them from their surf- and wakeboard perches.

It's a blessing to see God's creation fulfilling His purpose for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment