Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6

I felt decidedly glum most of today. I'd have a hard time explaining exactly what it was that formed and perpetuated my mood, but it was what it was, and I soldiered on as best I could. And then this evening, at long last, I got something to really smile about when, after we finished watching Frozen, Abby decided to do some movie-inspired karaoke.

But it wasn't your run-of-the-mill karaoke: there were hair and costume changes aplenty as she weaved her way through a number of songs from the likes of Anna, Elsa, and Taylor Swift. And by the time she finished with Katy Perry's Roar, my own outlook had brightened considerably.

It's always good to have a reason to smile (and to remember to be thankful for those moments, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment