Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2

My friend V held her second (in what I'm sincerely hoping will become an) annual (hint, hint!) cookie exchange party tonight. It was an evening marked by her amazing appetizer spread and awesome conversation with this group of my fellow moms.

I know that the idea of a party with lots of chatter is unappealing to some people, but spending time with these terrific ladies fills me up. It's such a blessing to be able to sit and talk and unwind, and it's an even bigger blessing to realize that our individual stories and struggles and victories are all threads in the much larger, much longer story of life here in the valley. It feels immeasurably good to share a sense of connection with others, and I'm so thankful for the blessing of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment