Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 1

And... December. Another chapter's been recorded and another year is primed to close. And I'm constantly conscious that my pages lack the sparkle they would've had had things gone differently for Logan. But I came upon an unexpected reminder of him this morning that made me smile.

By now, you all know that I collect little die-cast Corvettes and cars with flame jobs because they were my Sunshine's favorites. I mean, he loved all cars, but he had a special place in his heart for cars of that ilk. Anyhow, I went into the room Isaac shared with Logan this morning to help him pick out his clothes for the day (since eight-year old logic says that short sleeves are still perfectly acceptable when it's 40 degrees out). I was surprised when I looked down and spotted these two Vettes just laying on the floor. I asked Isaac where they'd come from and he shrugged.

I'm pretty sure I bought them back in 2012 when I first started my collection, but I have no idea where they've been since then. I thought I'd gathered them all up when I decided to do some organizing earlier this year, but I guess I missed these two.

It's funny how oversights can turn into such blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment