Tuesday, March 12, 2019

March 12

Even though the boys won't play their first baseball games until Saturday, we got a nice surprise this afternoon when the city unexpectedly opened the fields and they were able to practice on actual diamonds for the first time this season.

Brady was up first with his team --which it pains my Oriole-loving blood to say is the Red Sox-- for some fielding and hitting action. I just sat on the bleachers in the sunshine and alternately watched Brady playing and Isaac *watching* Brady playing from his perch a few rows down. Then a little while later, we migrated a few fields down to watch Isaac's turn in the cages and on the field.

It felt homey to me. And for that blessing of familiarity --particulary during a season that's felt so unstable to me-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment