Thursday, March 14, 2019

March 13

In the six-plus years I've been keeping this blog, I've forgotten to write two times. One of those times was yesterday. I have no idea how it happened since it's ingrained into my brain to do it at this point, but for one reason or another, I forgot. So here's what I was going to say.

Brady's class held their wax museum presentation today. All of the kiddos spend nearly a month becoming experts on historical figures, and then on wax museum day, each one dresses up as his or her pick and gives a speech as if they were a wax figure of his or her person. (I hope that makes sense because mama's tired and can't figure out how else to describe it.) Frank Robinson --who was an MLB player (Orioles baby!) and manager--passed away literally the day before Brady got the assignment, so that's who he chose. Here he is along with his little Frank paper doll.

With all of the busy-ness that drives us in today's modern world, it's really easy to overlook moments like this, but we shouldn't because they're precious. They're the things that make this life fun and engaging and just... happy. And fortunately for his class, they had a packed house of parents, which suggests that many, many of us hold tight to that same view.

So for that, and for these sweet little moments that flitter by far too quickly (and for Brady's willingness to be an O's fan in the land of the A's!), I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment