Sunday, June 2, 2019

June 2

I didn't watch the NBA Finals this evening, but the rest of my household was tuned in to the Warriors-Raptors action. And based on the intermittent outbursts from the family room, I could kinda sorta tell what was going on from my room (where I was camped out writing).

The younger version of Adam was quite often lighthearted and entertaining; I have clear memories of him ducking under a fence in the Lake District in the UK back in 1998, challenging me and our friend Kristine to brave potential paintballers and follow him into a field dotted with sheep. I also clearly remember him slipping and falling in the mud, and then popping back up so quickly that I nearly laughed myself silly over the scene. That was then.

He's mellowed quite a bit over time and those moments of carefree goofiness are fewer and farther between, but tonight as I heard him chanting "Warriors! Warriors!" over and over again, I was transported back to those simpler times. And for that little taste of back-then, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment