Thursday, June 6, 2019

June 6

Abby performed in her first dance recital when she was four, and on Saturday, she'll take part in her 11th when she and her class deliver a modern routine to "Head Above Water."

(She is, for the record, all the way to the left in this particular shot.) I don't watch her classes anymore so today's rehearsal was my first real look at the number. I watched as the dancers flitted to and fro across the stage and when the music ended and they struck their final pose, I had a surprising thought: they're not little girls anymore. I said so to my friend Angela, who is Gracie's mom and who happened to be sitting next to me, and she agreed.

Time passes all too quickly sometimes, but as I've said many times before, it's such a blessing to watch Abby and Isaac and Brady grow. And it was a blessing to have Logan here with me for five and a half years, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment