Sunday, September 1, 2019

September 1

If you've been to church more than a few times, you know there are a lot of worship songs out there. But I awoke this morning with a very specific one playing in my heart. It ran through my head on repeat as I drank my coffee and ate my doughnut and got dressed. So I chuckled when we got to church and a glance at the morning bulletin revealed that that precise song was the one we'd sing to open the service:

"This is Amazing Grace." In case you're not familiar with it, here's a quick primer:

This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That You would take my place
That You would bear my cross
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free
Oh, Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me

I love it when I wake up to find my heart singing praise songs even before my mind is fully attuned to the world around me. And I'm thankful that I have much for which to be thankful. And I'm thankful that the "coincidence" this morning felt like a little 'yep, I heard you!' nod from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment